Last Updated on December 15, 2021 by admin
Over the years, you might have built a very good content repository on your blog and marketing presentations that either lies on the hard drive or a cloud storage platform. Every month, we spend time with the content generators to create the content that is useful as well as to stay in sync with the current timeline. But after a few months, the content usually dies a slow death.
Polishing the old content and wrapping it in a shining gift paper does help in garnering fresh set of eyeballs. You can even resize and restructure the existing content to make it look very attractive, purposeful and relevant to current times.
Why should you repurpose content?
— Expand Readership & Audience
Over the period of years, the social network has grown tremendously. Just like the audience changes from platform to platform; the format of the content too becomes platform dependent. For example, the restriction of using 280 characters on Twitter, Pinterest talks about having a visual directory and emphasis on sharing images, and so on.
Users on different platforms also have a tendency to embrace content which is more relevant to them. Let’s take a classic example of LinkedIn. The users on LinkedIn will accept data related to career productivity, business opportunities, and work related stuff (nothing about personal or casual themes). So if you have a B2B blog on your website, why not refurbish it on LinkedIn? You can also convert the data on the B2B blog to a Pinterest image.
–Keeping it fresh
Content, after a few months, start moving out of the sight as they get replaced by newer content. No matter if they had been chartbusters in their good ol’ days. By repurposing content in below ways, you can keep it active and alive.
- A marketing presentation or help guide for the client, also find its way on sites like slideshows
- The link of the presentation can be embedded on the site, and the links could be shared on social media
- The same links can be posted as part of the periodic newsletters you send out to your clients.
- A good blog and its vital statistics can be a good source for infographic or a podcast.
- Important data from the blog can be used as a tweet or a social media post.
- How about turning your old PowerPoint decks to a Blog post?
- How about re-writing an old press release as a case study?
Think about it! The options are almost endless for repurposing content.
How to decide which content needs to be reworked?
— Freshness Quotient of the content
Not all the posts are evergreen, for example, writing about the SEO guide which was applied in 2010 is not worth in 2016. Identifying the relevant content is necessary. Some content might have a good life, for example a webinar that was taken a year back to give a brief introduction about the use of your services, can always find its place in the newsletter and the site.
If there are help blogs written on any topic. They can always find its place via sites like Yahoo answers, Quora and more. The users can redirect to your site for a detailed description. It also makes you a community leader in terms by stating the knowledge base and the creditability of the company to solve problems.
— Popularity and Use
Do a deep, thorough analysis about the content through analytic software. Understand the behavior of the users on specific posts and the hits they have received over a period of time. Using them will definitely impress the new customers and prospects that have walked in after publishing the repurposed post.
Don’t forget the main criteria about the usefulness about the post before reformatting it or publishing it on other portals.
Quick ways to repurpose the content
- Create social media posts out of the content.
- Use Case Studies to create blog posts or whitepapers
- Power Point Presentations can be made into new blog posts or case studies
- Interviews – Use as advice decks
- Text content can be transformed to Visual Content
- Statistics from blogs can be added to social media
Want more ideas on how you can give your content a fresh breeze of life? Connect with us here and we will be happy to help!